The principal aim of the College is to advance medical knowledge for the benefit of the sick through development of the subject of Pathology. To further this aim, the College may undertake any or all of the following activities.
- To promote education in pathology by providing guidance about the content, quality and standards in education for pathologists and ancillary personnel.
- To undertake, compile and disseminate teaching material in Pathology.
- To conduct seminars, courses and instructions.
- To set and enforce standards.
- To lay down criteria and conduct assessment of candidates for admission to Membership/Fellowship of the College.
Practice of Pathology
The College may set and enforce standards and guidelines for practice of Pathology and laboratories.
The College may authorize, conduct and disseminate research in Pathology.